DogsLanding - 207% Increase in Revenue
DogsLanding faced some optimization challenges that prevented users from experiencing a seamless customer journey and having the confidence to make a purchase. We helped the client to improve their user experience, boost their conversion rates, and enjoy more sales.
DogsLanding is a Shopify store that faced some optimization challenges that prevented users from experiencing a seamless customer journey and having the confidence to make a purchase. The client wanted to improve their user experience, boost their conversion rates, and enjoy more sales after we created their store initially.
DogsLanding is a Shopify store that designs and sells unique dog beds that offer the ultimate comfort for our furry friends. They’re dedicated to making dogs as happy as they deserve to be. Their products are not only targeted at improving dogs’ sleeping experience, but also serving as stylish accessories to have in any home. For these and many more reasons, they are certainly something that any dog owner can benefit from.
- A significant number of potential buyers were dropping out during the checkout process after having added items to their shopping cart. This resulted in poor sales numbers and missed opportunities.
- The company had lost money in the past by offering free shipping on all purchases, regardless of the total order value.
- Buyers were abandoning carts with products once they realized that there is an extra charge for shipping.
The dilemma remained as to how to organize free shipping in order to remain competitive yet profitable.
Part of our initial approach
- Checkout progress bar
- Free shipping price options
- Free shipping progress bar
A/B Split Tests
Checkout progress bar
To stop buyers from dropping out during the checkout process, we built a progress bar within the checkout funnel to show users where they are in the purchase process. By being aware of the steps that they need to take, users are more likely to be confident about completing their purchases successfully. Despite the Shopify limitations within the checkout page, our expert developers managed to implement a suitable solution.
Conversion Rate Lift- 21%
Monthly Revenue Lift- $14,102
Annual Revenue Liift - $169,037
The next challenge was related to free shipping. We helped by creating three test variations with $50, $70, and $90 as the total order threshold for free shipping. We wanted to see if these scenarios would turn out to be more profitable for the company than providing free shipping on all orders.
A revenue boost - 16.25%
Monthly revenue lift - $20,250
Annual revenue lift - $243,000
Free shipping progress bar
Finally, we tackled the problem related to abandoning carts after seeing an additional charge added for shipping. To solve this issue, we added a free shipping progress bar on the top of the cart page to show buyers how much more money they needed to spend in order to enjoy free shipping on their orders. If the threshold is passed, the free shipping bonus is displayed. This is a great incentive that we used to motivate buyers to add more products to their shopping carts and complete their purchases.
Conversion Rate lift - 6.2%
Monthly revenue lift - $10,200
Annual revenue lift - $122,500
Once Gloross was done with the work, the results were quick to follow. Below are some of the most impressive results that we noticed after the optimizations on the DogsLanding store:
Increase in Revenue
Increase Conversion Rate
- A conversion rate lift of 21% (from checkout page), a monthly Revenue Lift of $14,102, and an annual projected revenue lift of $169,037 from creating a progress bar for the checkout funnel.
- A revenue boost of 16.25%, a monthly revenue lift of $20,250, and an annual projected revenue lift of $243,000 from solving the free shipping dilemma.
- A conversion rate improvement of 6.2%, a monthly revenue lift of $10,200, and an annual projected revenue lift of $122,500 from installing a free shipping progress bar.