Satechi improved their conversion rate, average order value, and revenue with the help of Gloross by implementing data-driven CRO strategies, custom features to replace 3rd party Shopify apps such as delivery time estimator, ShoPay message and star ratings on collection pages.
Satechi was one of the first consumer electronics brands to design & carry Type-C products and has since become a leader within the industry. Today, Satechi offers award-winning Type-C hubs & adapters as well as a variety of charging accessories, computer peripherals, and smart home products.
Satechi products can be found in more than 10,000 stores across the globe.
- Satechi being a renowned brand receiving thousands of sessions per day couldn’t afford massive changes to the website.
- The store was heavily dependent on Shopify apps even for small features. It was a challenge to introduce new funcionalities to the website without impacting other apps and the site page speed.
- Understand the funnel drop offs and improve CR by focussing on high-impact low-effort tasks first.
- Save money and increase page speed by replacing apps with custom functionalities.
- Cross sell products to improve AOV (average order value).
Top 3 A/B Split Tests:
TEST: Delivery Time Estimator on PDP
Adding a small text under the button which estimates the delivery of the product based on current date and shipping lead times.
The estimated delivery time message improved both the conversion rate and the add to cart rate on the product pages.
Due to the fast delivery time in US, putting the message on PDP increased the conversion rate.
CONVERSION RATE: 3%
ADD TO CART RATE: 2%
TEST: ShoPay Message on PDP
Adding ShoPay message under the price to see if it increases conversion rate and revenue per session as people have a choice to buy more and pay in instalments.
The ShoPay message not only increased the conversion rate but also the AOV because now people could buy more and don't worry about the vlaue of the cart due to available instalment plans.
CONVERSION RATE: 13%
AVERAGE ORDER VALUE: 15%
TEST: Star Ratings Under Product Titles on Collection pages
Adding star reviews in product tiles on collection pages to see if it motivates visitors to open products and increase conversion rate.
Adding star reviews massively increased the conversion rate from collection pages by 12%, i.e 1.44% conversion rate from collection pages without star reviews vs 1.62% conversion rate from collection pages with star reviews on the product tiles.
This confirms the hypothesis that reviews play a vital role in the purchase decision.
CONVERSION RATE: 12%
AVERAGE ORDER VALUE: 1.5%